What? Why? Next?¶
This module is a set of helpers to write simple and clean test for asyncio-based code.
Actually this is not nothing new, it just wraps current test approach in the handy utils. There are couple libraries that try to solve this problem. This one:
- integrates nicely with standard
- is as simple as possible, without a bunch of stuff that is straithforward with unittest (eg re-inveting
- supports both Python 3.5+ syntax and Python 3.4,
- it’s well-documented (I think)
Among the others similar modules the best known is an extension pytest-asyncio. It provides couple extra features, but it cannot be used with unittest.TestCase (it does not support fixture injection).
AsyncMock, … Probably not, the
futurizedis pretty simple.
- it would be great if unittest could support async test > python-ideas